Show others how Jesus changes your life
Everyone has a story to share about what God has done in their life. Writing out your story helps you arrange your thoughts into an orderly account. This is helpful whether you are sharing your story in a blog, on video, or in a conversation or talk. You can apply the following steps to your story of salvation or anything you’ve seen God do in you or through you. Let us celebrate with you by sharing your story here.
To Discover The Power of Your Story.
Step 1: Focus
What is the overarching matter? Choose a turning point or defining moment in your life; a problem or struggle; a change of mind or heart; or a significant relationship. A single storyline or idea makes telling your story more manageable.
Step 2: Describe
What’s the essential setup or context for your story? Paint a picture of your circumstances and describe what motivated your life before the change took place. You will help people understand and relate.
Step 3: Explain
What happened and why? Bring people along on your journey. Share how and why your choices, attitudes, and circumstances changed. Since your story is ultimately about God, make it clear how Jesus becomes the change-maker — turning a mess into a message, a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph, a victim into a victor.
Step 4: Reveal
What did God show you about yourself or Himself, and how are you living differently today because of that? Every good story makes sense of the world. This is your opportunity to offer a personal takeaway.
- Be conversational. Focus on expressing your thoughts and feelings, not on the words.
- Be specific. Use concrete situations, details, and emotions. Help people visualize.
- Be honest. Embrace the messiness. Don't exaggerate or sugarcoat.
- Be real. You are a work in progress. So is what God is doing. Don’t feel the need to tie things up in a bow.
- Be simple: Don’t clutter your story with details, tangents, backstories or people that aren’t really connected to your focus.